Chhena Poda Recipe : How to prepare Odisha famous Chhena Poda #Odisha #Food #Recipe
Chhena Poda Recipe : How to prepare Odisha famous Chhena Poda #Odisha #Food #Recipe Prepared by Lopamudra Tripathy
- For chhena or cottage cheese
- 1.5 litre milk
- Juice of 2 lemons
- For Chhena Poda
- 2 cups chhena
- 2 cups powdered brown sugar
- 3 tbsp semolina
- 5 cardamoms powdered
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts broken
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp of sugar for making caramel
Method for Chhena Poda Recipe :- How to prepare odisha food :-
1. Boil milk in a deep vessel. Simmer and add lemon juice when the milk starts boiling.
2. Curdling will happen and you will see the chhena separating from the water. Boil for a minute and turn off the flame.
3. Sieve the chhena through a strainer lined with muslin cloth.
4. Tie the chhena in the muslin cloth and hang for around 30 minutes to drain excess water.
5. Crumble and mash the chhena till smooth. Keep aside.
6. Fry cashew nuts and raisins lightly to give a richer taste to the preparation.
7. Add semolina, powdered sugar, cardamom powder and fried cashew nuts and raisin to the chhena. Add 2 table spoon of milk to it and mix well.
8. Grease a baking tin with ghee or butter.
9. Sprinkle a tablespoon of brown sugar and heat the pan. Once the sugar starts getting caramelized, switch off the flame and tilt the baking pan so that its base is well covered with caramel syrup.
10. Now add baking powder to the chhena mixture, pour it in the pan and spread evenly using a flat spatula.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 45 minutes till the top turns brown.
12. Insert a tooth pick in the center. It should come out clean. If it is wet, bake for 5 more minutes.
13. Run a knife through the sides and invert the cooking tin on a plate as soon as it is out of the oven. Any delay will make the sugar at the base of the tin harder making it difficult to come out intact.
14. Slice the Chhena Poda and serve hot or cold.