Odia Eminent Poet and social activist Dr Brajanath Rath passed away #Odisha #Odia #RIP #Sahitya
Odisha Latest Sahitya News – Odia Eminent Poet and social activist Dr Brajanath Rath passed away #Odisha #Odia #RIP #Sahitya
Odia poet and Odisha Sahitya Akademi awardee Dr Brajanath Rath, passed away at the age of 79 at his residence at Sunahat here on Saturday. Dr Brajanath Rath is survived by his wife, three sons and two daughters. He was not well and became critical during the last five days.
Dr Brajanath Rath was conferred the highest honours from the Orissa Sahitya Academy Award for ‘Manara Manachitra’ He was also awarded the Tagore Literature Award (2010) for his poetry collection ‘Samanya Asamanya’
Odia Eminent poet Dr Brajanath Rath’s Profile :-
Brajanath Ratha (January 12, 1936 – May 31, 2014) was an Indian poet who wrote in Oriya. Brajanath Ratha is internationally recognized and is the recipient of many prestigious awards like the Orissa Sahitya Academy Award, Vishuba Award, Gokarnika Award, First Shudramuni Sahitya Award and Honoured by South Korea’s Ambassador, from Global Cooperation Society International, Seol, Republic of Korea for Contribution in World welfare, Cooperation and Services.
Ratha awarded Tagore Literature Awards in 2010 for Samanya Asamanya, a poetry collection containing three types of poems progressive, satirical and philosophical. The poems are bereft of artificiality and invoke a myriad of emotions. This unique collection carries the message of hope to mankind. His first poem was written to welcome India’s independence in 1947. His poetry is artistic yet simple and his melodious phrases and words touch the heart. He has been conferred with the highest honours from the Orissa Sahitya Academy Award for Manara Manachitra (Map of the Mind) to the Silver Jubilee Award for poetry by Prajatantra Prachar Samiti, Cuttack.
Poetry Of poet Dr Brajanath Rath :-
- Marugolap (1960)
- Nijaswa Sanlap (1969)
- Nishabda Pratibad (1977)
- Sabhyatara Munha (1979)
- Manara Manachitra (1984)
- He Mahajibana! (1991)
- Laghu Sataka (1993)
- He Mora Swadesh! (1997)
- Gadigadi Gali Ball (2001)
- Swanirbachita Kabita (2001)
- Samayara Shabdalipi (2007)
- Samanya Asamanya (2007)
- Eka Eka Ekapadi (2009)
Awards of Odia Great poet Dr Brajanath Rath :-
- Vishuba Silver jubilee Award, 1974; for poetry by Prajatantra Prachar Samiti, Cuttack.
- Orissa Sahitya Akademi Award, 1984; for “Manara Manachitra” (poetry)
- Kabishekhar Chintamani Award, 1995;
- Justice Harihara Mohapatra Smaraka Award, 1996;
- Vishuba Award, 1997;
- Gokarnika Award, 1999;
- Punarnaba Anadi-Ananta Kabita Award, 2002;
- First Shudramuni Sahitya Award, 2009; By Sea-Shore Sahitya Academy, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
- 1st Tagore Literature Awards, 2010; for Samanya Asamanya (poetry collection) by Kendra Sahitya Akademi.
Honors of Odia Great poet Dr Brajanath Rath :-
- Sarala Smaraka Samman, 1983;
- Kalahandi Samman, 1993;
- Shriparna Samman, 1998; Puri.
- Gangadhar Meher Kabita Samman, 1999; From Utkala Sahitya Samaj, Cuttack.
- Utkalashri Samman, 2001; From Utkal-Sahitya Kala Parishad, Cuttack.
- Jibana Ranga Samman, 2001; Cuttack.
- Dasharathi Pattnayak Library Trust Samman, 2002; Udaypur, Nayagarh.
- Kunjabana Sahitya Samman, 2002; Dasapalla, Nayagarh.
- Sahitya-Bharati Samman, 2003; From Gangadhar Ratha Foundation.
- Vishuba Samman, 2003; From Kalinga Sanskrutika Parishada, JKPur, Rayagada.
- Vishuba Samman, 2004; From Aadarsha Pathagara, Rourkela.
- Sahitya Samman, 2005; From Kharashrota Sanskrutika Parishada, Kandiahat, Kendrapada.
- Nandkishore Samal Smruti Samman, 2005; Kusupur, Cuttack.
- Janasudha PujyaPuja Samman, 2005; Cuttack.
- Kalia Panigrahi Smruti Samman, 2005; From Kalinga Sahitya Samaj, Brahmapur, Ganjam.
- Sahityaka Ananta Prasad Panda Shatadhi Samman, 2006; Cuttack.
- Baishakhi Samman, 2006; Rourkela.
- Bharatchandra Nayak Smruti Sahitya Samman, 2006; From Sambalpur University.
- Shishu Sahitya Sansad Samman, 2007; Jaleswar.
- Kabi Ramakrushna Sahu Smruti Samman, 2007; Baripada.
- Kabi Sacchiroutray Sahitya Samman, 2007; From Bhubaneswar Bookfare.
- Pujyapuja Samman, 2007; From Fakirmohan University.
- Sagarika Sahitya Samman, 2007;
- Kabi Jayashankar Prasad Rashtriya Sahitya Samman, 2007; By Rashtriya Hindi Akademi, Kolkata.
- Kabi Chakrabarti Brajanath badajena Samman, 2007; Dhenkanal.
- Hirak Jayanti Samman, 2008; By Fakirmohan Sahitya Parishada.
- Subarna Jayanti Samman, 2009; From Pragati Utkala Sangha, Rourkela.
- Abasara Saraswata Pratibha Samman, 2009; Basudevpur, Bhadrak.
- Honoured by South Korea’s Ambassador, 2010; From Global Cooperation Society International, Seol, Republic of Korea for Contribution in World welfare, Cooperation and Services.
- Chhatragourav Samman, 2010; by Fakir Mohan University.
- Dibya Sevanidhi Samman, 2010; by Dibya Jiban Sangha, Balasore.
- Doctor of Literature (Honoris Causa) (D. Litt.) by Fakirmohan University, Baleswar in the year 2011.
- Sahitya Bharati Samman – 2011