Latest Odisha Business News : Ten Medical Colleges will open Soon In Odisha ,#Odisha #Medical #College #EducationSystem

Spread the love

Latest Odisha Business News : Ten Medical Colleges will open Soon In Odisha ,#Odisha #Medical #College #EducationSystem

MKCG_Medical_college_Latest Odisha Business News  Ten Medical Colleges will open Soon In Odisha ,#Odisha #Medical #College #EducationSystem


Reported by Basant Rath. (Sr.Journalist); Bhubaneswar:   Ten more medical colleges are likely to be established in the state. Four will be set up by the government, three by PSUs and another by an entrepreneur. At present, there are three government-run medical college and hospitals at Cuttack, Berhampur and Burla and four private medical colleges. On the other hand the Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital and Sardar Rajas Medical College and Hospital have already completed their construction works at Rourkela and Jarring in Kalahandi district.

The government will set up four more medical colleges in the state.  While the Centre would fund around 75% of the cost, the state will bear the rest 25%, Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) and Nalco will be setting up medical colleges at Talcher, Rourkela and Koraput respectively. Similarly, the private medical college will be set at Bhubaneswar, and a public health university was likely to come up in the state very soon.

Official Sources said the organizations which have agreed to set up  medical college hospitals in PPP mode are: Hi-Tech Medical College &  Hospital (Rourkela), Navadigant Educational Trust (Bhubaneswar), Blue  Hill National Health Care & Educational Trust (Chandpur, Nayagarh), Eastern India Construction Limited (Phulnaphara, near Bhubaneswar),  Sibani Educational & Charitable Trust (Bhubaneswar), Sahajog Health Care & Research Foundation (keonjhar) and Sardar Rajas Medical College & Hospital (Jirang, Kalahandi), Of the eight proposed medical college and hospitals, the state government has signed MoUs with three  organizations like Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Sahayog Health Care & Research Foundation and Sardar Rajas Medical & Hospital.

The existing district headquarters hospitals (DHHs) would be upgraded into colleges with a minimum of 100 seats each. The institutions fulfill the criteria of minimum required bed strength as the DHHs at the proposed sites have 200 to 250 beds. The Government has identified more than 20-acre land for each place to meet the Medical Council of India (MCI) stipulations for establishing new medical colleges. The existing district headquarters hospitals (DHHs) would be upgraded into colleges with a minimum of 100 seats each.

Further, the districts selected for the purpose do not have any Government or private medical college. The State Government already pressed the Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry for according speedy approval to its proposal for establishing four new medical colleges at Balasore, Baripada, Balangir and Koraput under the Centre-sponsored scheme.

The Union Government has announced to support establishment of new medical colleges in the under-served States by upgrading district headquarters hospitals within the 12th Five Year Plan with an aim to churn out more number of doctors to meet the acute shortage of medical  professionals across the country. The scheme envisages creation of 5,500 MBBS seats at a proposed cost of Rs 11,010 crore with Central  share of Rs 8,500 crore and State’s share of Rs 2,510 crore.


Comments are closed.