Karanji Odia Recipe (କରଞ୍ଜି ) – The typical authentic Odia Pitha – ଓଡିଶା ର ପ୍ରିୟ ପିଠା ପଣା
Karanji Odia Recipe – The typical authentic Odia Pitha – ଓଡିଶା ର ପ୍ରିୟ ପିଠା ପଣା – Prepared by Adyasha Padhi
People are searching like “Karanji Odia Recipe,what all are the typical authentic Odia Pitha , how to prepare Karanji in odia style , What is all festival time Odia pitha” so we thought to provide the authentic odia pitha procedure which is also festival time pitha called Karanji ( କରଞ୍ଜି ).
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1/4 cup Sooji/Rawa
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 cup warm Milk
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds/KhasKhas
- 1 tsp Sooji / Rawa
- 1 cup Dry Grated Coconut
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Assorted Nuts(Cashew,Pista,etc)
- 2 tsp Rice Flour
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Oil for frying
Procedure :- How to prepare Karanji in Oriya style :-କରଞ୍ଜି ବନାଇବା ପ୍ରଣାଳୀ
- Heat up 2 tsp oil.Mix all purpose flour,sooji,salt in to a bowl and pour hot oil over it.
- Mix well till the time mixture becomes crumbly.
- Pour warm milk slowly to make medium consistency dough,not too hard and too soft.
- Cover and keep the dough for 30 mts.
- For Filling / Stuffing
- Dry roast sooji and poppy seeds separately till the time they get light brown color.
- Add coconut to dry roasted sooji and poppy seeds,add sugar,cardamom powder,dry fruits and mix well.
- Take the dough and again knead to make it smooth.
- Divide dough in to 3 equal parts.
- Roll them in to three thin roti.
- Mix rice flour and ghee to make it smooth and creamy.
- Now take one thin roti,spread rice flour mixture evenly on it,place another roti on the top of it,again spread rice flour mixture.
- Now place third roti, roll it evenly from all the sides to make it little thin.
- Again spread some rice flour mixture.
- Now start to roll these three rotis together like Swiss Roll.
- Stretch it out little bit,now divide it in to equal parts.
- Take ball and roll like poori, add stuffing,apply milk around its edges and seal the karanji well.
- Use fork and make some design around karanji.
- Now deep fry till the time it gets nice golden color.
To make Karanji: