Gainttha Pitha – Typical Odia Festival time food – One of recipe of 56 bhoga – Chhapan Bhoga recipe of Lord Jagannath
Gainttha Pitha – Typical Odia Festival time food – One of recipe of 56 bhoga – Chhapan Bhoga recipe of Lord Jagannath – Prepared by Adyasha Padhi
- Roasted Rice flour-200gm
- Salt- one pinch
- Freshly Grated Coconut – 2 nos
- Sugar- to taste Cardamom, Cumin and Dry ginger -1 tsp(powdered together)
How to prepare Gainttha Pitha in Odia style – Odia Gainttha Pitha Recipe :
- Mix roasted rice flour and salt,add enough boiling water to this and make a smooth and soft dough using a spoon to blend everything well.
- When it is warm enough to touch knead well and make tiny balls and keep aside.
- Separate thick and thin milk from grated coconut and keep aside thick milk.
- Boil thin milk in a pan(you can also add little fresh milk to enhance the taste).
- Add the shaped balls to the boiling milk one by one and let it simmer.
- Add sugar to taste and mix well.
- Lower the heat and cook till gravy thickens; about 10-15 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk and ground spices and turn off the heat when the gravy is thick.
- Serve hot.
Note: Instead of grated coconut I used coconut milk powder to make coconut milk (Mix 6 or 7 tbsp coconut milk powder in 500 ml water and boil).