Fire breaks out at Apollo Hospital in Bhubaneswar

Spread the love

Bhubaneswar: A fire broke out at the 5th floor of the Apollo Hospital here in Odisha on Saturday morning. No casualties were being reported when the news was filed.

Sources said a fire erupted in the battery room near an ICU on the fifth floor of the premier hospital at around 10 AM today. However, no casualty or injury was reported in the incident as the patients were immediately shifted to ground floor of the hospital following the mishap.

“Around 20 patients have been rescued and shifted to ground floor through stretchers. Short circuit is suspected to be the cause behind the fire,” said a staff of the hospital.
On receiving information, a firefighting team reached the spot and doused the flames with the help of the hospital staff.

Comments are closed.