DERAS DAM CUM PICNIC SPOT :One MESMERIZINGLY BEAUTIFUL DESTINATION AT BHUBANESWAR #Odisha #Bhubaneswar #WeekendTrip
DERAS-DAM CUM PICNIC SPOT :One MESMERIZINGLY BEAUTIFUL DESTINATION AT BHUBANESWAR #Odisha #Bhubaneswar
MESMERIZINGLY BEAUTIFUL DESTINATION AT BHUBANESWAR
DERAS-DAM CUM PICNIC SPOT
With lush green mountains, shimmering lake, murmuring waterfalls and other feature the place deras which is yet unknown to lots of people is situated at khurda surrounded with lots of greenery with a small population in the village called nua gaon(ନୂଆଗାଁ) .the pleasant climate & charming destination attracts people from different parts of the world.
The picturesque view of this natural place catches the attention of the visitors. River is surrounded with evergreen rain forest and hills. Main highlight of the area is the dam ,bamboo house, a small temple & lots of wild animals. Sprawling green surrounding offers fresh environment to the travellers. this is the best spot for picnic with family as well as romantic place for the couples to spend some time. This is one of the largest dam in India. The best time to visit the dam is during the month of September -march. Since the dam is closing at 5 pm so anyone can enjoy the scenic beauty during the day time.
Since the place is bit interior so visitors can go there by two wheeler & four wheeler due to lack of communication facility. It is around 25-30 kilometre away from the city Bhubaneswar. The attractive feature of deras dam is the bamboo houses. Different style & shape of bamboo houses were present over there. Anyone wants to stay over there can take rent & will stay over there to spend some memorable time. The fresh environment of the place makes an ideal picnic spot with breathtaking view. it would be a magical experience, one couldn’t forget in their lifetime.
Deras Dam is situated in the Chandaka national park on the outskirts of bhubaneswar, odisha. To be precise about 20 Kms from Bhubaneswar main bus stand. (baramunda). Chandaka NP is spread across area of 94kms. This place is silent , serene and great weekend gateway. Also can be a great honeymoon gateway. Dam consists of rainwater reservoir, cottage on a hilltop and guided safari of around 40 kms.
Though chandaka is famous for elephants, presently spotting them is rare and difficult. Entry fees to the park is Rs20 per head. Timing is 10 AM to 5PM. Reaching Deras could be a problem for outsiders as there is no signage on the way. So one has to navigate asking for direction and go by local village roads for good part of the journey. One way it takes one hour.
Where we will stay and where we ll keep our cars and bikes in Derasa Dam :-
- The entry gate having a small office and 2-3 security guards. The rate chart is written (Rs, 20/person, bit costly) and parking fees (10/bike).
- You have option to book a guest house inside the sanctuary. For that you have to contact the DFO office near Fire-station . The stay inside the guest house is only in the day time and it costs Rs 500.
- Road leading to the guest house and the Chandaka National park. The Chandaka elephant reservoir has a separate entry point in the Chandaka-Khorda bypass road too. May be the official safari guide is available over there.
- A nice hill top cottage consists of 3 furnished huts available at the leftmost end of the reservoir. Only power available is via solar.
- There is option of cooking at kitchen by paying a rent of Rs200 for utensils and gas, though ration is yours. Cottage charges per room is Rs500 for two pax. This can be booked advance at chandaka elephant research center at rental colony, baramunda, bhubaneswar. Rooms are eco-tourism and made up off Bamboo style .
Why Derasa Dam , Chandaka Place is so famous:-
- Best place for Nature lovers and nature photographers.
- Best place for wildlife loves and wildlife photographers , you will get many different type of birds , insects etc
- Best place for weekend hangout and family picnic as you will get good waters .
Best time to visit Derasa water dam :-
- It’s ever green place for nature lovers and photographers .
- for seeing the water flow then please go before Oct and after July
How to go to Derasa Dam :-
Driving directions to Deras Dam from Bhubaneswar, Chandaka Forest & Elephant Reserve, Barapita, Odisha 752054
- The distance between bhubaneswar and derasa dam: 26.9 km / 16.7 mi.
- Head north on Nandan Kanan Rd
Pass by FL Off Shop (on the left)
- Turn left toward Jayadev Vihar – Ekamra Kanana Rd
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit
- Turn right at Galaxy Animation College onto Jayadev Vihar – Ekamra Kanana Rd
Pass by Durga Mandir (on the left in 1.3 km)
- Continue onto CRP Ekamra Kanana Rd
Pass by Punjab National Bank (on the right)
- Turn right onto Rental Colony Rd
- Continue onto Studio Chaka Rd
- Turn right onto Khandagiri-Chandaka Rd
Pass by Canara Bank (on the left in 9.2 km)
- Turn left onto Khurdha – Chandaka Rd
Pass by Chandaka Meadows (on the right in 4.3 km)
- Turn right toward Kantabada – Deras Dam Rd
- Continue straight onto Kantabada – Deras Dam Rd
Pass by Vikash Residential College (on the left in 1.4 km)Destination will be on the left
– See this if you want to see the route map as how to come to derasa dam from cuttack or khurda . http://eodisha.org/distance-between-city-of-orissa