Curd Fish Curry(Odia Style)
- ½ kg fish with firm white flesh cut into 1 1/2 ” thick pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2tsp cumin seed
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 red chilli
- 1-2 green chilli
- 4 tsp mustard oil
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Wash all pieces of fishes. Mix turmeric powder and salt and Marinate for 1hours.
- Now heat oil on frying pan and fry all fishes slightly (Half cooked).
- Make a paste of cumin seeds, mustard seeds, green chilli and garlic.
- Now heat ½ tsp oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilli and let them splutter.
- Now add the chopped onion and fry till transparent.
- Now add mustard seeds and turmeric powder and stir it for 1-2min.
- Now add yogurt and fish and add 1/2cup water.
- Season with salt as required. Stir occasionally. Do this gently to avoid breaking the pieces of fish. Cook till fish is done.(it should be thick gravy)
- Serve It hot and garnish with chopped coriander.