Chhenna Kheeri ଛେନା ଖିରୀ – Typical Odia sweet of Odisha
Chhenna Kheeri (ଛେନା ଖିରୀ)- Typical Odia sweet of Odisha – Prepared by Adyasha Padhi
Ingredients for Chhenna Kheeri :-
- 500ml of full cream milk for chhena
- 500ml milk for ras
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar for ras
- 1 Tin of Milkmaid
- 1 teaspoon good quality rose water
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped dry fruits to garnish
- Few Kesar strands soaked in 1 tsp milk
Preparation Instructions for Chhenna Kheeri :-
- For chhena preparation, boil 500ml milk and curdle it by adding lemon juice.Keep stirring it
- Drain the curdled milk through a thin muslin cloth and squeeze the chhena.Wash it under running tap water.
- Drain out the excess water from chhena.Mix well.Set aside.
- To make ras, heat milk in a pan and add sugar to it.Allow it to cook for about 5-6 minutes or till the desired consistency is reached.Add milk maid & stir well.
- Add the chhena to the syrup and cook for 10-15 minutes with lid partially covered.
Chhena will swell and puff up.
- On cooling, add 1 teaspoon good quality rose water,kesar soaked milk and garnish with chopped dry fruits.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.