Bela Pana ବେଲ ପଣା- The Traditional Pana of Odias during Pana Sankranti #Odia #Food #Recipe #PanaSankranti
Bela Pana – The Traditional Pana of Odias during Pana Sankranti #Odia #Food #Recipe #PanaSankranti
Bela Pana (In Odia: ବେଲ ପଣା) is a drink made from Bael (Aegle marmelos) fruit pulp,in the month of Chaitra and Boishakh,in Odisha . Bela pana, a traditional drink from Odisha (Orissa) made of ripen Bela. ଓଡ଼ିଶାରେ ତିଆରି ବେଲପଣା ।
Ingredients for Bela Pana (କଣ କଣ ଦରକାର):
- 1/2 cup finely grated Bel (ବେଲ)
- 1 cup milk
- Chhena 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup banana peeled and cut into tiny pieces
- 1/2 cup Honey or Jaggery (ଗୁଡ଼)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (ଦହି)
- 2 cardamom (ଗୁଜୁରାତି ଅଳେଇଚ)
- 3 Black pepper(crushed to powder)
- A handful of cashews ground separately fistful of fresh grated coconut.
Preparation for Bela Pana / Bela Pana Recipe (କେମିତି କରିବେ):
- Put grated bel, peeled banana, yogurt, paneer, cardamom and sugar in a grinder and grind well.
- Add about a cup of water to it and mix well.
- Serve fresh with ground cashew and fresh grated coconut sprinkled on top.
- Garnish with grated cherries and raisins (କିସ୍ମିସ୍).
It is an antidote for sun stroke, and a must in Odia New Year. (wiki)