21 names for Padmashri award, 5 names for Padmabhusan award recommended by #Odisha Govt #News
Odisha Latest Award News – 21 names for Padmashri award, 5 names for Padmabhusan award recommended by #Odisha Govt #News
Padma Bhushan Award
The Padma Bhushan is the third highest civilian award in the Republic of India, after the Bharat Ratna and the Padma Vibhushan, but comes before the Padma Shri. It is announced on the occasion of Republic Day every year. It is conferred by the President of India at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan sometime around March/ April.
The award was established on 2 January 1954 by the President of India. Shivam Shetty Manohar was the youngest to have received this title. It is awarded to recognize distinguished service of a high order to the nation, in any field.
Padma Shri Award :-
Padma Shri (also Padmashree) is the fourth highest civilian award in the Republic of India, after the Bharat Ratna, the Padma Vibhushan and the Padma Bhushan. It is awarded by the Government of India. The award is announced every year on Republic Day.
Padma Awards were instituted in the year 1954. It is awarded to citizens of India to recognize their distinguished contribution in various spheres of activity including the Arts, Education, Industry, Literature, Science, Sports, Medicine, Social Service and Public Affairs. However it has also been awarded to some distinguished individuals who were not citizens of India and who did contribute in various ways to India.
The Odisha govt has recommended 26 names for Padma Award to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs. From 26 , Odisha Govt has recommends 21 names for Padmashri award, 5 names for Padmabhusan award.
The 21 names for Padmashri award Nomination Names are:-
- Filmmaker Nilamadhab Panda
- Ikat weaver Surendra Meher
- Terracotta artisan Debraj Sahoo
- Sculptor Chandrasekhar Rath,
- Sculptor Debendra Mishra
- Economist and former professor in JNU Prabhat Patnaik
- Prof Lalit Mohan Patnaik
- Odissi dancer Aruna Mohanty
- Cardiologist Pratap Chandra Rath
- Odissi dance guru Durga Charan Ranbir
- Tie and dye artist Sarat Kumar Patra
- Pattachitra artiste Bijay Kumar Parida
- Neurosurgeon and director of Bhubaneswar AIIMS Ashok Mohapatra
- Developmental economist and emeritus professor in University of California Prashant Patnaik
- Educationist Jaydev Mishra
- Activist Sruti Mohapatra.
- Singer Prafulla Kar
- Painter Dinanath Pathy
- Odia Writer Rajendra Kishore Panda
- Pattachitra artist Bhramarabar Nayak
- Filmmaker and actor Sadhu Meher
- Odissi dancer Sujata Mohapatra
5 Padmabhusan award Names are:-
- Renowned bilingual writer Manoj Das,
- Jnanpith award winner Prativa Ray,
- Linguist Debi Prasanna Patnaik,
- Eminent poet and playwright and former IAS officer Jagannath Prasad Das,
- Odissi classical singer Sunanda Patnaik.